Sunday, October 16, 2005

Alcohol and Karate training...save it for after...

Kumite Tips #1/Kumite Tips #2/Kumite Tips #3/Kumite Tips #4/Kumite Tips #5/Kumite Tips #6/Kumite Tips #7/Kumite Tips #8/Kumite Tips #9


Use the blogger search this blog feature, at the top of the page if you don't see the article you were looking for...thanks RJF

A lot of people enjoy a beer or two after work, I know I do...

...but when the Head Instructor starts to notice it, smell or otherwise...then I have to question my practice. Especially when it gets pointed out in front of the whole class.

I'm definitely not one to preach about the evils of alcohol...

...I've got my numerous stories of overindulgence...

...and there's plenty of evidence about it's negative affects, no matter where you care to look...

...everything from brain and liver damage, right through to addiction and possibly family violence.

So back to Karate and alcohol...

...so the way I see it, Karate is a way of life and a way of becoming aware of my actions and in turn a way to discipline myself...

...after all, I need discipline to off set my indulgence...don't I?

You know, Ying and Yang, balance, and all that stuff...

Anyway, I've decided to break a long held routine of having a beer after work, and in particular before going to the Dojo, and I will now wait patiently until after my class...

Besides, it will probably taste even better...

Cheers..

RJF