Monday, August 08, 2005

Book Review...Zen In the Martial Arts -by Joe Hyams

Kumite Tips #1/Kumite Tips #2/Kumite Tips #3/Kumite Tips #4/Kumite Tips #5/Kumite Tips #6/Kumite Tips #7/Kumite Tips #8/Kumite Tips #9




I found this book to be a very interesting read, that like all good books, ended all too soon.

Its really a well written testimonial of one mans life experience and how it was affected by Zen, Martial Arts and his association with teachers like Ed Parker and Bruce Lee...

Personally, I would liked to have seen more written about his association with Bruce Lee..

...I can't get enough of that stuff...

As it was, there was enough valuable insights into the "way of life" that made Bruce Lee one of the most famous martial artists or our time.

Joe and the reader, benefits from a philosophical side of Bruce that was in stark contrast to his awesome and relentless work out routines.

I don't want to give too much away...

... so I'll just say that it's one of my favorite reads.

And I am sure it will be one of yours too.

RJF