Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Indulgent Samurai...the training begins again...

Kumite Tips #1/Kumite Tips #2/Kumite Tips #3/Kumite Tips #4/Kumite Tips #5/Kumite Tips #6/Kumite Tips #7/Kumite Tips #8/Kumite Tips #9


Use the blogger search this blog feature, at the top of the page if you don't see the article you were looking for...thanks RJF


Samurai Karate immersion 101

Starting next week I'll be multitasking at a different dojo, rather than my usual dojo, run by our union.

I'll be taking the instructor class, taught by our chief instructor and founder for about an hour class, followed by either an hour of the Jo staff training or the Kumite training.

I think I'll be physically exhausted and beat up after those Friday night classes, but for some reason I can'’t wait.

It will be a great opportunity for me, to really get into the Zen of martial arts, especially the sparring (Kumite).

I'll be doing my regular class sometime during the week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday at another dojo and the really cool stuff on Fridays.

I won'’t get into it now, but Kumite is nothing like formal training, in fact, it seems like every thing I learned in class I forget to use in sparring and end up resorting to some cross between boxing and street fighting.

Anyway, stay tuned for the injury reports, I'll be doing a piece on how to recover and take care of your injuries, I'm an expert at that.

RJF